Site Display on Internet Explorer vs. Mozilla Firefox

Friday, February 22, 2008 by Mistlee

Username: Password:
WebProWorld Members,

So, I'm sure you all noticed you didn't get your daily dose of WebProWorld yesterday. We had another ice storm here in Kentucky and got to head out of the office a little early because the roads were getting too dangerous to drive on.

Meanwhile, we had an intense situation here at iEntry, resulting in the kidnapping of our very own Mike McDonald. Catch this intriguing story only on WebProNews.

Our featured post today comes from fortune68, who is having site display issues with Internet Explorer and Firefox. In Internet Explorer, the writing and a picture go slightly out into the blue strip on the side. And in Firefox, site looks perfect. If you think you can help, click here!

As for the remaining posts, the first has a 301 redirect question. The second has a problem with keywords stuffing. And the last post wants some info on SSL vs EV SSL Certificates.

| Tiffany |
Top Post Go Directly to Forums
Friday, Feb 22, 2008 Visit Here

Graphics & Design Discussion Forum
Display on Internet Explorer vs. Firefox
Site Display on Internet Explorer vs. Mozilla Firefox


I have just got my new (and first!!) website pretty much finished, and now I discovered that when searched for with Internet Explorer the first page displays differently than on Mozilla Firefox.

I created the site in a sitebuilder and always worked in Mozilla Firefox. In Firefox it looks perfect.

In Internet Explorer, the writing and a picture go slightly out into the blue strip on the side.

Could anybody have a look at it and maybe tell me why that is, and how I can fix this? It is really annoying, because I think most people still use Internet Explorer, and they all will see an im-professional site.





Site for Review http://www.ogrewebdesign.com/

I actually just started this site about two weeks ago and wanted to see if i could get some general observations and tips before continuing. Anything is appreciated, thank you in advance.

View the Site

Hot Topics

Search Engine Optimization Forum
301 Redirect To New Website

If we redirect permanently (using 301) from an old website to a new wesbite. In this case can we remove the old website? Will the redirected URLs from old to new website will still work or not? Or is it necessary to keep the old website in in place always?

Let me make it simple by the following example.

If I used this URL www.aabbcc.com for 4 years and all my incoming links are linked to it. Now I changed my URL to www.ccddeeff.com.

Read Replies

Posted by: ozzman View Post | Click To Comment

Try a Better Way Today. Try WebEx PCNow

Google Discussion Forum
Keywords Stuffing

I hope someone can help, Thanks in advance.

Last week I received an e-mail from Google (Google Search Quality),
that they are removing my website for 30 days ,they claim that they detected keyword stuffing on my website... further, I should fix my website and then ask for reconcidaration..

I am lost as to what to delete from my pages and also how to deal with them ???

Can any experienced expert

please check my website to tell me what to change ? Read Replies

Posted by: lenamor View Post | Click To Comment

Internet Security Discussion Forum
SSL vs EV SSL Certificate

My site is currently using an SSL certificate from thawte, so its a good enough one, however it doesn't give the green browser bar - we are due to renew at the end of this month so I am wondering if it is worth upgrading to the EV SSL certificate and also if there are any disadvantages in using the EV SSL certs?

Read Replies








0 comments: