Google Picked Wrong URL

Friday, February 15, 2008 by Mistlee

Username: Password:
WebProWorld Members,

Did you all know that the video-sharing site YouTube was launched three years ago today? To celebrate, I thought I would share one of my favorite videos I have watched on the site, wedding dance. Make sure to have your volumn turned up! Hope you all get a kick out of it like I did! ... And that's all I have for today, almost time to head home for the weekend, you all have a good one!

Our featured post today comes from Ozzman, who is having problems with Google picking the wrong URL. He changed a page title and moved that page permanently (using 301 redirect) to another location. Google is showing the updated page title but the URL is still old. If you can help Ozzman click here!

As for the remaining posts, the first has a javascript jump menu problem. The second wants to know if "links" pages are worth it. And the last post has a form tracking question.

| Tiffany |
Top Post Go Directly to Forums
Friday, Feb 15, 2008 Visit Here

Google Discussion Forum
Google Picked Wrong URL
Google Picked Wrong URL


Recently, I have changed a page title and moved that page permanently (using 301 redirect) to another location. When I search in Google, It shows me updated page title but the URL is still old. However, when I click this URL it redirects me to the new URL where I wanted.

Can you please tell me, what's wrong with Google. Why it is not showing new URL of that page? How can I see new URL in google search pages?

Read Replies
Posted by: ozzman View Post | Click To Comment


Site for Review http://www.organicmacadamias.net.au/

Hi guys, you'll be among the first people to look at the latest website that I've designed. Please have a look and give me some feedback, specifically in the following areas: 1. Usability (how much the website makes sense and how easy it is to use) 2. Design 3. Coding

View the Site

Hot Topics

Web Programming Discussion Forum
Javascript Jump Menu

I just can't wrap my head around this...

Here is what I want to accomplish:

When a user selects a link from a jump menu, it loads the new page that the user selected but leaves the option the user selected as the selected link. Did I use the word "selected" too much?

Read Replies

Posted by: dak888 View Post | Click To Comment

Try a Better Way Today. Try WebEx PCNow

Search Engine Optimization Forum
Are "Links" Pages Worth It

I got an email from a site wishing to exchange links with a site of mine. I've incorporated them into my sites in the past but don't any more. I had a site few years ago which had around 3000 backlinks, not a great deal but decent, only 25 were from a "useful links" page. Why invite my users to leave my site?

Is there a benefit from them I'm missing?

Read Replies

Posted by: riverbirch View Post | Click To Comment

Webmaster Resources Discussion Forum
Form Tracking Question

I have a client who is suspicious that leeds he is paying for are filling out forms on his site but he is not getting the response when the submit button is clicked. I have checked into every possibility of error and find none, nor does my tech support. all tests show the form as working fine as well as the emails they are sending to. Neither is there any indication of error in the error logs.

I was wondering if anyone knew of a script, program, or any other method to track whether a form is even being filled out on the site other then receiving an email from the form itself.?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Read Replies
:: Forum Stats:

Members: 51,879
Posts: 360,093

Google Urchin Examined
The recent release of Google Urchin raises a few questions for Google.
The official Video blog.
Title Tag Tips
More Videos...

WebProNews: Videos


“ Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.”

-Abraham Lincoln

:: Sponsors:


0 comments: