Forwarded domain site submission

Monday, January 28, 2008 by Mistlee

PageOne PageOne | Forum Index | Design | Search Engines | Sales & Marketing | IT Discussion | eCommerce | Forum Center
The World's eBusiness Forum PageOne
Link To Us Log In/Out Search Edit Profile Private Messages User Groups FAQ
Username: Password:
WebProWorld Members,

It's me again. I've been a little busy over the past couple of workdays preparing more changes for a few of our smaller sites. Don't worry though. I haven't forgotten about you all. I should be around most of the week in the forum, so if you see me, feel free to give me your suggestions or questions.

Our featured post today comes from jetskiron, who wants to know how long a forwarded domain name takes to be crawled and indexed in Yahoo and Google. I don't know the answer, but maybe you do. There are also a couple of more questions being asked, so click over to the post and see if you can help out.

As for our remaining posts, the first asks for help with Google's local search. The next post asks if clean HTML is important to the search engines. Today's final post asks if .com domains are better than .net ones.

| Rafael |
Top Post Go Directly to Forums
Monday, Jan 28, 2008 Visit Here

Search Engine Optimization Forum
Forwarded domain site submission

Forwarded domain site submission
As an experiment, I forwarded one of my parked domain names (insurance-claim-help.com) to uclaim.com using Godaddy Domain Manager on January 9, 2008. I did a 301 Permanent redirect. I also submitted the forwarded domain name to Google at the same time. Its now January 28, 2008.

Within minutes, I found that I could type the forwarded domain name into the address box and the destination domain, uclaim.com, came up right away. However when I type the forwarded domain name, with and without the hyphens, and also with and without quotes, into Google, nothing comes up. Yahoo also shows no results, but at least gives the option to click on the forwarded URL, which takes you to the destination site.

1. Will Google and Yahoo eventually show results?
2. How long does it normally take?
3. Will the search engines do a whole new site search, or use what they already have for the main destination domain name.
Read Replies
Posted by: jetskiron View Post | Click To Comment


Site for Review http://www.shanghaihotelabc.com/

I need your review on the layout, site loading speed, and others if you would like to teach. Thanks very much.

View the Site

Hot Topics

Google Discussion Forum
Google Local Search: not listed yet!

I m trying to get my site listed in this Google local search and its frustrating me greatly now. I rank in the top 3 for the organic listings; I spent a lot of money doing SEO the right way with building great content. I've been researching into other areas and it seems that the top organic listings show a lot less in these local business listings. However, I have seen quite a few sites that are listing in both organic and local.

I really feel like Google have screwed me over here, and I have a good site with good content which, is why I rank so well organically. This local thing is unfair in my eyes. Is there some kind of point degrading if you have a high rank in organic listings? How can I get my site listed there?
Read Replies

Posted by: TheStig View Post | Click To Comment

Try a Better Way Today. Try WebEx PCNow

Search Engine Optimization Forum
How important is clean html in search results?

So I have seen several people tell others to clean up their html. Really, how important is clean html in search results? I know that the html certainly doesn't need to be perfect or even close to it to get indexed or even get in the top ten in certain categories. However how much is it hurting someone's chances at achieving better results?
Read Replies

Posted by: Kloans View Post | Click To Comment

Search Engine Optimization Forum
.com ranking over .net

I have designed a site for a client that has left their old site designer due to personal interests. The old designer has kept the original domain name 3partharmony.com and my client obtained 3partharmony.net. So far no big deal right? Well the old site at .com no longer pertains to the band. (Except where the old designer is trying to slander my client. (That is another issue all together!) But my question is, does Google give .com better rankings than .net?

If you do a search for 3partharmony (the domain name) then the .com ranks #1 and my site .net ranks #2. Could some one please take a look the sites and tell me why this is?
Read Replies

Posted by: rklwebs View Post | Click To Comment
:: Forum Stats:

Members: 50,815
Posts: 357,027

Jason Falls on Social Media Club
Mike McDonald of WebProNews attended the first meeting of the Social Media Club and spoke with Jason Falls...
The official Video blog.
Companies Join to Change Future of Web
More Videos...

WebProNews: Videos


“ The most radical revolutionary will become a conservative the day after the revolution. ”

- Hannah Arendt

:: Sponsors:


0 comments: